Its taken me a long time to get this post done, but here it is!
I have been nominated twice for The Liebster Award, once by My Adventures in Nail Art and once by Jayme at Varnished Reputation so thank you so much ladies, its such an honour to receive awards from such talented nail artists!
Here are the rules:
The recipient must post 11 fun facts about themselves
The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award, They will in turn pass the award on to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver)
So I’m only going to post one set of fun facts about myself, because I don’t think I could come up with 22 fun facts about myself! Haha! But I will answer both sets of questions given to me by both ladies 🙂
So my 11 fun facts are:
1. I never have matching finger nails and toe nails, like ever!
2. My favourite clothes shop is H&M, its affordable and super cute!
3. I’m actually finding it difficult to think of 3 ‘fun’ facts about myself, let alone 11! Haha!
4. I have a double jointed thumb and index finger.
5. I love anything with a bit of leopard print on it!
6. My favourite thing to do is lie in bed with my boyfriend and watch Pretty Little Liars.
7. I put sweet chilli sauce on almost everything I eat.
8. I have never dyed my hair, blonde is my natural colour 🙂
9. I love a bargain, and my favourite day dress cost £3.50 from H&M!
10. My favourite food will always be my mom’s spaghetti bolognese.
11. I would always chose sweets over chocolate, unless you offer me a Daim bar!
So there you go my 11 kind of fun facts about myself! Now on to my first set of questions from Adventures in Nails:
1. What nail polish makes you feel happiest? – Definitely my Calvin Klein ‘Caught Red Handed’ polish, its the most expensive one I have and its such a luxurious, glamorous red.
2. What products do you use to take care of you nails and hands? – I use Nivea Express Hydration hand lotion and M&S Conditioning Cuticle Oil. I only use these products because I don’t like the idea of using too many chemicals on my skin.
3. What would you prefer to spend your money on: one high quality brand nail polish or several cheap polishes? – I love a bargain and being a student its not often I can afford an expensive polish. I love getting a few polishes at a time so I can chose which one to try out first!
4. Do you ever do nail art or manicures on your friends’ nails, or only ever on your own? – I’ve done my friends’ nails before and just recently I did my mom’s friend’s daughter’s manicure for her. (did you get that? haha!)
5. Are there any techniques you really want to try but haven’t done yet? – I really want to try the velvet manicure, but I just can’t afford to buy the kits!
6. How do you photograph your manicures? – Usually in my kitchen because it gets the most natural light using my Olympus digital camera, nothing special! I usually take about 50 photos of each manicure so I can chose the best photos and I always photograph my left hand because my nails are neater.
7. What has been your greatest nail achievement so far? – This is such a hard question because I feel I have achieved something with every manicure I do. I woul probably say my napkin nails take 2 was the greatest achievement in my nail blogging life!
8. How often do you change your manicure? – Usually my manicure changes every other day, I get bored of them quite easily and I like to regularly update them for my blog.
9. Do you paint your toenails too? – I do paint my toenails, but normally they’re just one colour and I don’t change them regularly. when its summer and I’m wearing sandals and peep toe heels then I’ll make more effort haha!
10. What nail art tool is your favourite to use? – I don’t use many tools for my nails, I would probably say my finest brush is my favourite because I use it for everything!
11. What would you wear on your nails if you were having a winter wedding in the snow? (serious question – I need inspiration!) – I once did a manicure using a white polish and a blue and silver fine glitter. It was a simple glitter gradient, but the glitter looked like ice on the tips of my nails. I loved the look and that would be my perfect wedding nail, beautiful but still practical 🙂
Gosh this is a wordy post! Now Jayme’s questions:
1. What is your favorite nail polish brand? – That’s such a difficult question, because I don’t really use big branded polishes like OPI or China Glaze because I can’t afford them. Of course I adore my Calvin Klein’s but probably my favourite polish is a Collection 2000 polish!
2. Do you have a current nail trend you are really loving? – YES! Gradient nails are my favourite thing right now, they may not be very current, but I love their versatility!
3. How long have you been into nail polish/nail art? – Probably since last September when I started University, I was getting bored and doing my nails almost every day, and then I started looking at nail art and I was really wow’d!
4. Would you ever want to do nails professionally? – For me, nail art is not about being paid to do it, its about sharing ideas and helping others as well as enjoying your own nails!
5. What nail trend are you not a fan of? – I love to try anything different and I haven’t tried this look yet so it might change my mind, but I’m not a fan of the concrete/textured trend. I love the feeling of smooth nails too much!
6. If you had to wear one nail polish color for the rest of your life what would it be? – That’s a tricky one! It changes freqently, but at the moment its probably green.
8. Do you prefer high end brands or drug store brands? – I haven’t really had much experience of high end brands. Affordability is key for me but I’d never say no to a free Illamasqua 😉
9. What is your all time favorite nail art design? – Again, another hard question! I’ll get back to you on that one.. 😉
10. Acrylic’s, Gel, or O’ Natural? – O’Natural for sure! My nails are real and I love that!
11. What nail polish creation are you dying to see come to life? – Anybody remember mood rings? A mood polish would be amazing!
Finally, my questions for the nominees; I’m keeping these questions strictly nails!
1. What is your favourite manicure colour combination?
2. Where do you get your manicure inspiration from?
3. What is your favourite nail art blog and why?
4. Do you prefer glossy nails or a matte manicure?
5. What is your most expensive nail polish?
6. What is your favourite nail shape and why?
7. How did you get into nail art?
8. Super glam long nails or chic and short?
9. Who would be your ideal celebrity nail client and why?
10. What is your fail-safe manicure; the one you always turn to?
11. What nail art trend are you going to try out next?
My questions are going out to:
I tried to find blogs I hadn’t nominated for awards previously but some of them I also nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award as well. All of these blogs are so great and well deserving of this award!
So there you go guys, sorry this post was so wordy, but I hope you’ve learnt a lot more about me and my nails!
Love, Soph xx